Honey Balsamic Autumn Chicken and Vegetables
1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts
1 large pear
3 c. butternut squash, diced into small cubes
4 chicken breasts
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons olive oil plus more for drizzle
3 Tablespoons of honey
1 Tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Trim ends off of Brussels sprouts and cut each in half
- Place Brussels sprouts in a microwave dish, cover and cook for 4 minutes
- In a small bowl, combine Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper
- Cut, half and core the pear then cut into small pieces
- Combine the pears, squash, and cooked Brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Add 1 tsp. of seasoning mix and 2 Tablespoons of olive oil. Toss until vegetable mix is fully coated.
- Place chicken breasts on lined baking sheet and make small slits across each breast. Drizzle with olive oil and the remaining spice mix. Then arrange the vegetables around the chicken in a single layer. Mix honey and balsamic vinegar together and drizzle over the chicken breast into the slits of the meat.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes then take the foil off for an additional 10 minutes.
Sweet and Spicy Orange Chicken
6 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
1 1/2 c. orange juice – pulp free
1/2 c. chicken stock
1/4 c. coconut aminos
3 Tablespoons honey
2 Tablespoons garlic-chili sauce
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
sea salt and pepper to taste
1 bunch green onions, chopped
Clean and cut chicken into cubes
In a large pan , heat sesame oil. Cook chicken on medium heat until lightly brown and crispy.
While the chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce in a large bowl by whisking all of the ingredients together.
Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove it from the pan and place in a large bowl and set aside.
In the same pan as you prepared the chicken, add the sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring frequently for about 15 minutes until thickened. Add chicken to the sauce and cook for an additional 10 minutes on low heat.
Sprinkle chicken with green onion and sesame seeds
I serve this over brown rice with a side of steamed broccoli.
Easy Chicken Pesto and Linguine
Preheat oven to 400˚F
Place chicken breasts in a baking dish, Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste
Drizzle with olive oil
Spread pesto on each chicken breast *( see blog for fresh basil pesto recipe)
Layer sliced Roma tomatoes on top of the chicken
Sprinkle with grated mozzarella cheese
Cover dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes
Prepare Linguine according to package directions, drain pasta and stir in homemade pesto to desired flavor. Top with chicken breast and sprinkle with fresh parmesan cheese.
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken
An easy and flavorful chicken recipe. Prepare the Rosemary and Garlic Rub first.
2 Tablespoons fresh chopped Rosemary
2 Tablespoons – Greek plain yogurt
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon fresh minced thyme
3 garlic cloves, pressed
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
This recipe will coat 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
Rub the Rosemary and Garlic Rub evenly over the chicken meat. Grille for about 25 minutes until cooked through.
I serve this with wild rice and and roasted summer vegetables.