6 Bell Peppers ( any color)
1 1/2 lb. ground turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
2 15 oz. can of Italian diced tomatoes
1 8 oz. package of sliced mushrooms
1 c. uncooked rice
1 c. water
salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Grated Parmesan Cheese for topping
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Cut the tops off of the peppers and remove the seeds. Cook peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, saute onion, mushrooms and garlic in olive oil
3. Add ground turkey and brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add Italian Seasoning.
4. Stir in tomatoes, rice, Worcestershire sauce and 1 c. of water. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until rice is fully cooked.
5. Fill peppers with cooked filling and sprinkle Parmesan Cheese on top. Place in baking dish in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 20 minutes.