It is peach season here in Colorado and our Palisade peaches are unbelievably yummy!
I want to share two recipes with you. One is a peach cobbler that my grandma used to make and the other is a peach salsa recipe. Both are super easy and a great way to enjoy peaches this summer.
5 peaches , peeled, cored and sliced (about 4 cups)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
For the Cobbler batter:
6 Tablespoons of unsalted butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Add the sliced peaches, sugar and salt to a saucepan – Cook on medium heat for just a few minutes, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice butter into pieces and arrange them on the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Place the pan in the oven while it preheats, to allow the butter to melt. Once melted, remove the pan from the oven.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the milk, just until combined. Pour the mixture into the pan, over the melted butter and smooth it into an even layer.
- Pour the peaches over the top of the batter. Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg over the top of the peaches.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 40 minutes until golden brown.
I think cobbler tastes best when it is served warm and with a generous scoop of vanilla bean ice-cream on top.
1 16 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped into small pieces
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
1 1/2 pounds of peaches, peeled and diced
1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 tsp. lime zest
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Trader Joes Everyday Seasoning
Mix all ingredients together and let sit in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to let the flavors mix well before serving.
This is great served with tortilla chips or my favorite, served on top of grilled Halibut.
Enjoy ! I would love to hear about how you served these yummy recipes to your family and friends.