Honey Balsamic Autumn Chicken and Vegetables
1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts
1 large pear
3 c. butternut squash, diced into small cubes
4 chicken breasts
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons olive oil plus more for drizzle
3 Tablespoons of honey
1 Tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Trim ends off of Brussels sprouts and cut each in half
- Place Brussels sprouts in a microwave dish, cover and cook for 4 minutes
- In a small bowl, combine Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper
- Cut, half and core the pear then cut into small pieces
- Combine the pears, squash, and cooked Brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Add 1 tsp. of seasoning mix and 2 Tablespoons of olive oil. Toss until vegetable mix is fully coated.
- Place chicken breasts on lined baking sheet and make small slits across each breast. Drizzle with olive oil and the remaining spice mix. Then arrange the vegetables around the chicken in a single layer. Mix honey and balsamic vinegar together and drizzle over the chicken breast into the slits of the meat.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes then take the foil off for an additional 10 minutes.